Lunch to Go

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any pertinent technical details:D500 600mm f4 (1/1000 sec at f5.6, ISO 800) Crop for comp, Brightness & Contrast, DeNoise AI. I went out this morning hoping to find teneral or freshly emerged dragonflies to photograph. Non spotted at dawn, but several hours later, this Eastern phoebe showed me how its done…Jim

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

What a cute guy (gal?). I’m wondering how it’s going to get that dragonfly down its hatch! The gentle color in this is beautiful; I think this kind of flat light works well for this scene. I could see this cropped to a square, with just the left most 3 posts. The twisted wire at the bottom is interesting, but that newer wire is a bit distracting, especially because it’s so near the edge. It looks like it might be relatively easy to clone out.

1 Like

Wonderful image Jim. I like vertical the fence posts are reflected in the background reeds/grass. And of course, the detail in the little bird with it’s huge eyes focused on lunch. Very nicely done.

1 Like

Such a great image, Jim. The details are spot on, and the scene with the fence post makes for a nice setting. Perfect catch for the both of you.

1 Like

Really nice look at this BugCatcher. Great job on the detail, BG, and color.

1 Like

Superb detail, Jim. I love the old fence as a perch and the dragonfly is great. A beautiful image.

1 Like

Very well seen Jim. I love watching these guys and Eastern Kingbirds hawking insects.

1 Like

Wonderful catch Jim. Really like the setting of the old posts and the composition is well done. The dragonfly puts this one over the top.