The Head Snap

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: 420mm (200-400mm f4 + 2.0 TC (1/250 sec at f25, ISO 1600) Levels, Shadows & Highlights, Brightness & Contrast, Full Frame, Rubber Stamp and Healing Brush for Dust Bunnies. Sometimes, you have excellent focus and the head turns out blurry. Dragonflies will flick their head back which enables them to rapidly check to see if some predator or photog is sneaking up on them. I caught this one asd the head was stopped briefly before moving to the normal position at rest…Jim

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Beautiful capture, Jim. Terrific detail, and I really like the unusual vertical pose of this dragonfly. Nicely done.

1 Like

Jim, you nailed it. The details in the DF are spot on, and the BG is nicely oof to make him and his perch stand out nicely.

Jim, catching that head snap is amazing. The pose, perch and background all look very good.

1 Like

Jim: Great capture of the moment and fine use of your long lens rig. I like the BG as well. Superbly crafted image. >=))>

1 Like

Beautiful capture of this Widow Skimmer checking for enemy aircraft (or lunch)! I love the perch (Horsetail fern?) and the lovely soft BG.

1 Like