Jumping Spider on a Fig

Found this jumping spider on an immature fig and was only able to get several single shots before he continued on his way.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5ds-r with 180 macro lens at f-8, 1/800sec and iso of 500.

elwise44
3 Likes

Wayne, this is a very nice shot. I think I see your reflection in his eyes! Nice details where they need to be. They background makes him stand out nicely. I just love the face of these Jumping Spiders, and have grown to not be afraid of them. Great shot!

Thanks Shirley, I just learned how to take advantage of all the settings of my 180mm macro lens. My next step is to do some focus stacking to get a more indepth view if the subject does a good pose.
Wayne

1 Like

Oh I love it. Jumpers are so darn cute, but so darn hard to photograph. Without stacking you have a lot of this little one in focus and it looks crisp to me. Bravo! Those pedi palps just knock me out.

John,
Thats a classic image and standard stare of any jumping spider. I love the manner in which you managed the dof. With the legs and the green fangs in perfect sharpness.

Beautifully done
Balan Vinod

Feels Iā€™m a bit late to the party, but I can only agree on a job well done. Especially love the green on the fangs - really great color, and it matches nicely with the fig tying it all together nicely. Jumping spiders all have such great character.

I wonder if a tighter crop with less empty space in the upper right corner might make the image even better?

Thanks to all for the kind comments. Went out again today to photograph more spiders, but found that the spiders will be found when they want to be found.
Wayne

1 Like