Junco and Snow Showers

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5ds-r, canon 100x400x1.4 lens, f-8, 1/500 sec., and iso 800.

elwise44
2 Likes

I really like the snow, Wayne. The Junco looks sharp except where snow got in the way and that’s just what happens when it’s snowing. My only wish is for a little nicer head turn.

Very nice! I wonder if it is possible to pull a little detail from snow.

Hi John
You are doing great job of posting winter. I would like to see this photograph in a 3/4 crop. Nice work.
Peter

Hi John! I love this photo! It’s neat that the junco is looking directly at you and the falling snow is a plus! Very beautiful, peaceful scene!

Thanks everyone for your post. Peter, not sure what 3/4 crop means. Does it mean leaving 3/4 of the scene?

Good job John getting that falling snow. The Junco looks right at home. I might be tempted to very gently get a bit of catch light in the visible eye. And good for you to enjoy the snowy weather.

Re-Post to add catch light, thanks David and adding some snow detail as Diane suggested. Also bumped up beak color a bit. Good suggestions.
Wayne

Hi,

Repost looks pretty good. I still think that you can recover some details from the snow. Highlights slider in lightroom is a good method forrecovering detail in snow. Well done…Jim

Sorry to be so late getting back Jim. I’m using your suggestion on the detail of snow and found that using the “sharpen tool” in Photoshop ever so slightly helps also.
Thanks, Wayne