Junco in the bath

From the same session as my last post. Lots of shadows at the time though the light itself was still fairly mellow. This is an artificial pool and I’ve usually added mossy branches and stones to give it a more natural look, but I’m starting to like the way it’s mellowing with age.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
A7Riv, FE200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, tripod with ballhead and Sidekick mount, f/9, 1/1250, iso 1000, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 6768x4616. Local adjustment to the head to bring the blacks down. Taken April 18th @8:01 AM.

1 Like

Pleasing pastoral pose. Excellent job on the detail and exposure. The head turn shows well. I appreciate the concentric rings in the water.

@David_Schoen Concentric rings courtesy of the drip that keeps it full and attracts customers. The drawback is that probably half to two-thirds of the shots have a somewhat unsightly splash in them.

Oh is the light perfect for this one. Great job on managing the blacks in post. It looks natural. This set up must be wonderful to watch. Do you ever shoot video of their antics?

Dennis, you’ve handled the darks very well here. The pose and the surroundings look good.

Hi Dennis
The shadows work in this photograph. The brown to white transition, detail, head turn and eye contact all look good. Nice work.
Peter

Love the light in this one, Dennis. Excellent details in the Junco, and a fine background. A really nice “studio” you’ve created!

Cute customer, in wonderful light! Well done!