Junior

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any is fine.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: D500 200-400mm f4 (1/640 sec at f7.1, Iso 450, 330mm) Slight crop foir comp, Levels, Brightness & Contrast. My local crane family is still together and was able to get a nice portrait of “Junior”. I take sandhills for granted as I see them just about every day, but I can’t resist these from a local park. Most of t he birds are quite tame and I usually have downy woodpeckers, nuthatches, and chickadees landing on me or my lens. Likewise, the sandhill cranes have no fear. This first year bird is still a lot smaller than its parents and liked the colors of the bill and eye…Jim

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Sounds like a great park, Jim. Even my backyard birds aren’t quite that tame most of the time-certainly not the woodpecker clan. This is a lovely portrait of the juvenile. We don’t often see them this close, even at the Sandhill hotspots.

1 Like

You sure are blessed to have a park close by with birds that tame. I really do like this nice close up portrait of a young Sandhill Crane. I have never seen a juvenile before. I love the colors too. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Nice portrait Jim. I like the eye color also and the exposure looks spot on of the whites and darks. Complimentary background colors too. Well done.

1 Like

Hi Jim
This a really nice head shot with great detail and eye contact. You live a blessed birding life. In Conn. if you get with-in 100ft of any bird it’s a good day.
Peter

1 Like

Nice close-up portrait Jim. Neat to have these birds so close by.

1 Like