Mom/Dad and Junior

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

From the title: Not sure if this is a male or female adult flying in with an immature Sandhill crane.
I made a trip down to Bosque Del Apache NWR last Monday to check out the refuge. These two provided a nice opportunity as they were coming in to feed on the corn in the morning light.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Olympus EM1-X, 300mm f/4 with 1.4x
1/1600, f/5.6, ISO 400
Handheld

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Nice that you got lots of detail in both birds. I really like the nice warm colors and soft direct light. And good job on getting the same coordinated incoming pose. It is a dandy photo.

Beautiful morning light, Keith. I like the landing poses and the detail is excellent.

Love the sharp detail here, Keith. They pop nicely against the BG.

Keith, I’m so glad that you were able to get down there to shoot. I have yet to get there, so I’m enjoying your moment. Great lighting, and a great capture of mom/dad and junior!

Very pleasing look at both of these magnificent birds. Wonderful light. Good job getting them both in focus.

I like the way the birds are essentially parallel in all respects…even down to the beaks’ shadow on the L underwing and the primary tips. Very artistic!

Hi Keith,

I like the lighting and poses of these two cranes. Your comp is excellent as well…Jim