Just and other day.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The Puffin is drying it’s wings in the two middle frame the and I thought it would look nice to bracket that Puffin with the first and last frames.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm, f8, 450-500mm, .3EV, 1/2500, ISO 500-640. The shots are cropped around 40%.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

A very nice sequence! These guys are so comic-cute and you captured and presented them very well!

Excellent work on these, Peter. In the two shots where it’s facing us it reminds me of the classic Sad Clown face (or maybe they got the idea from Puffins?). Technically these are all excellent and I’d love to have this kind of encounter.

Peter

This whole series has been excellent. Superb technical approach. Everything is razor sharp. A lot of nice interaction. Very enjoyable for me to watch. You are very lucky to be able to have this experience. Hope you didn’t get seasick….

Tack-sharp images and great poses. Where are you that you find puffins? I’m VERY envious!

Love all the poses you caught here Peter. Nice sharpness, exposure, and composition as well.

Peter: what a wonderful series. Where did you take these photos and if you go again, call me. :sunglasses: Richard

Awesome set and the puffin shows up well against the pale gray BG. I like the middle two the best, but would hang all up on the wall. Comps are good and I like these as presented…Jim

I like how the Puffin is looking in opposite directions in the first and last frames. It makes for a perfect bracketed set.

Hi Diane, Dennis, David, Sandy, Allen, Richard, Jim & Mark.
Thank you for you comments. “Machias Seal Island is around 10 miles off the cost of Maine and is run by the Canada’s, but the USA also lays claim to the Island. The Island is the home to one of the most southerly colonies of the atlantic puffin (well over 1000 pairs), whose breeding range extends north all the way to Greenland. The other member of the auk family that nests on Machias Seal Island is the razorbill.”
In the interest of equal bill my next post will be Razorbills.
Peter