The humans asked if they can take portraits now, so remember to show your best side.

I will be right there.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I just wanted to mix in a landing, with a couple portraits.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm, f8, 343-500mm, 1/2500, ISO 500-1000, cropped 45%.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
2 Likes

Having never seen a Puffin, Peter, I am truly enjoying your series. Great portraits and nicely done!

Me too! The shots are wonderful and the subdued BGs are so perfect!

Love all of these - especially the head-on ones.
Great poses and colours - a great series.

OK, Peter. This is just no fair. All these wonderful puffins on display and all your shots are excellent.

These are so cool Peter! I really love the incoming flight image. Puffins are some of my wife’s favorite birds. Right up there with Star Wars Porgs. . . .

All great capture of the Puffins. An enjoyable series. I like the first one for the direct eye contact.

Hi Linda, Diane, Sandy, Dennis, Ed & Allen. Dennis you humble me with you comment and I am glad you all like the Puffin’s and Razorbills, because there is more to come. Thank you for your comments.
Peter

1 Like

As others have said, this is an excellent series but a lot of fine posing, great detail, superb backgrounds, and nice interactions. You are very lucky to have been able to do this. While I have seen puffins before, I have never been able to get this close safely.

Hi David
Thank you for your comment. I was ever lucky to get the last ticket for June 6. The booking is open in March and the seats are sold out in an hour.
Peter