Do you thing he will stick the landing?

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I am just having a little fun with these three frames. Trying to keep focus on this Razorbill flying through the fog was interesting.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm, f8, 300-500mm, 1/2500, ISO 400, Crops were 25 & 55%. I used a local control point on the Razorbill’s head to bring up exposure in DXO PhotoLab 7.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

Hi Peter, this is a really cool and funny series. Nice and sharp with good wing positions on the two. Is that a puffin in the first frame? Guessing these were not shot around here. Nice job capturing them in the fog.

Another fine series from the island, Peter. Good job on the head-on flight shots and a cute story.

Hi Jim & Dennis
Jim the Razorbill is on the left and the Puffin is on the right side of the Frame. Thank you for your comments.
Peter

Peter: thanks for posting a series as that often allows for a better story to be told. Back to you with the question; did he stick the landing? :sunglasses:

A nice series. I especially like the third image. I like the composition and high key aspect of the first one, but would wish to see the razorbill’s eye.

Hi Richard & Allen
Thank you for your comments. Richard it’s hard to say how the Razorbill landed. Each group is in something like a 5 by 8 box, with 4 windows to shoot out of. The Razorbill came in out of the ocean and landed some were just to the right of my window. Because of the fog, the camera didn’t t pick up the bird until it was abound 40 feet from my window.
Allen the Razorbill’s eye is black and even hard to to set apart from the head.
Peter