Just Buds

Any thoughts on the flower that emerges from these buds? Hint: This batch was all eaten before any of them bloomed.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? I played around with having more and less of the image in focus. I had about 7 focus-stackable images to work with, but ended up using only four and then manually blending to get just certain part in focus and leaving other OOF. Does this mix look right?

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Tony: I’m going to make a wild guess and say prickly pear for the ID. What’s not a wild guess is my appreciation of the composing and crafting of this image which is outstanding. I like all of your decisions and the conversion is excellent. Many kudos. :+1::+1:>=))>

My guess is that this is what the Peruvians call Chirimoya but I’m probably wrong.

The Targaryen dragons?
:vulcan_salute:

Forgot to say I really like the shot. No critiques from me.
:vulcan_salute:

Thanks, @Bill_Fach . The conversion was done in ACR using the presets menu. You’re on the right track for the plant ID. However, prickly pear don’t have buds this dense. They’re just strung out along the edges of the pads on prickly pear.

Cherimoya? Had to look that up @Igor_Doncov . These do sort of resemble that fruit from the images I found, but these aren’t fruits. They’re flower buds.

Targaryen dragons :smile: Isn’t it great that it’s almost believable that a plant could have a name like that?

And here I immediately thought, “baby pangolins!” Monochrome was a very effective choice, Tony.

Max

Tony,
This B&W works well and I really like this image. Reminds me of the hatchery in ‘Alien’.

1 Like

Love this image in B&W. Conversion done well. sharp buds.