Just Dropping By

Sony A77II
Minolta 200 mm macro
ISO 400, 1/5 @ f32
We had a nice little shower this morning that spritzed our hibiscus. I liked the drops and the vein patterns on the petals. Pretty close to 1:1. All comments welcome. >=))>

4 Likes

I think we had the same rain shower you did Bill. I tried a close up on our hibiscus but did not get nearly the wonderful photo you did. Love the the pink color of the flower with the blue vein pattern. I also like the composition with the rain drops failing off the lower portion of the image. Great capture.

Bill, this is a very nice shot. I love how the veins of the pedal seem to draw my eye to the drops. The magnification of the veins under the drops are nice. Excellent :+1: :+1: shot.

Bill, the mix of veins leading top to bottom and drops leading bottom to center work very well, with the details in the drops looking good. Is the blue in the veins “true” color or reflected sky? I wonder how toning that blue down would look.

Wonderful photo image Bill. The way you framed it was amazing looking at the water droplets and how it leads back up to the near center of the flower I also notice the sharp reflection in the larger drop.