More Perfection

Sony A77II
Sony 70-400G-II @ 230mm
ISO 400, 1/80 @ f11
Everything clicked on this one; nice rain shower, good light, calm winds and a beautiful subject. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

Beautiful image Bill. Good details in the petals, front to back, and the raindrops, and a nice background and color scheme. Great off-center composition too. The only suggestion I would make (and it’s a pretty minor one!) would be to reduce the exposure on the background leaves at the top-right. But that’s really nit-picking - this is a great shot just as it is! Well done.

Beautiful color, excellent sharpness. Knowing how long the stamens are on these, I have to assume this was focus-stacked? Beautiful capture Bill. I agree with @Mark_Ali regarding a gentle burning of the brighter leaves at the top margin as they are brighter than the remainder in the image. This is a really beauty - pretty much a perfect shot.

Jim: This is a single shot. I’m not at all opposed to stacking and I very much enjoy the work of others but I like minimal time at the computer with my photography so I work at getting the capture right and dealing with the challenges and compromises of single capture. I have knuckled under a few times with difficult exposure situations and learned HDR. Maybe one of these days I’ll get into stacking. Thanks for your comment and suggestions.

Well this is a good teaching point for me then…I guess I was thinking it wouldn’t be possible to achieve such depth of field without stacking at this focal length and f/11. Perhaps your sensor size is not full frame?

Jim: The A77II is APS-C

1 Like

Bill, what a beauty this is. Love the rain drops just setting on the petals. Colors are really nice.

Hi Bill,

Looks good on my computer. Colors are vibrant and the water drops are tack sharp. Well; done…Jim

Bill, Lovely flower and great capture. color, sharpness and details look great. Background looks good too. Love the rain drops.

Bill, this does look perfect. A lovely mix of colors and details. I’m especially taken by the water drops and how the pistils at the top of the center stand out.