Just for fun!

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The wing pose caught my eye but I didn’t see the subtle apparition until I got it in the computer.

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Screenshot 2024-06-15 at 12.48.53 PM

Cropped to 17% of original pixels. Nothing done except some Shadows-Highlights and denoise.

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

Nice wing position Diane. I find myself all too often looking at an obstructed pose like this and wishing the dragon would move. Fun shot.

Creative perspective, Diane. For me, this has a wonderful abstract feel and fantastic detail in the wings. Great shot. . . .just for fun!

Diane, sometimes it is hard to see all that is going on in that little viewfinder. Thank you for sharing this “fun” shot. For me I think it would have been more disappointing than fun, but I appreciate your sense of humor. As the saying goes, you might as well laugh as cry.

This is so cool, Diane. Completely out of this world at first glance but with lots of detail to investigate.

Thanks, @Allen_Sparks, @linda_mellor, @Shirley_Freeman and @Dennis_Plank! When I framed it in the field I just thought the shape was interesting. Then in LR, I nearly fell off my chair when I zoomed in to check sharpness and saw those eyes peering out at me! This one promptly got added to my 2024 Favorites gallery, but it probably leaves a casual viewer puzzled.

2 Likes