Juvenile Eagle - ? Bateleur

Photographed in Tanzania in Jan 2019

What technical feedback would you like if any?

I wish that its head was turned just that little bit more towards me

Any suggestions within the PSA wildlife guidelines welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Nikon D4s - 600 mm / ISO 1600 / F8 / 1/1600 sec

Original Image 1 posted is LR processed with Topaz DeNoise followed by Luminar 4 AI Enhance 20%
1st Edit addition is the orinal image edited in LR alone
3rd Edit addition is LR + Lum 4 ( No Topaz )

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Very nice feather detail and an interesting action pose.

I love the wing position, Karl, and the head turn works because it’s doing something (I think trying to balance?). Your statement “suggestions within the PSA wildlife guidelines” made me go look them up. They don’t seem to leave you with much leeway. I would normally clone some of the messier twigs out, but the guidelines seem to completely prohibit removal of anything from the image. You don’t mention what processing software you used, but the feathers have a slightly odd look to my eye-like they’re sharp, but somehow lack detail. It’s particularly noticeable to me in that patch of feathers under the bird’s right wing. I’ve seen some noise reduction software have that effect with certain images.

Thanks Dennis

I just bought Topaz DeNoise and AI Sharpen - have to be very careful using these - and you can see I wasn’t

Can one remove an image I post under edits ? - or if you can, please remove the one I duplicated

BTW, I posted the PSA remarks as this is a Nature forum and folks can decide how strict they want to be with themselves. I am the Chair of the Mass Camera Naturalists and though we don’t ask for raw files, we expect that members will adhere to the PSA Nature guidelines

Hi Karl, really interesting behavioral pose and I like the composition. I think I like the second image best with the bluer sky and the highlights seem more muted. TFS.

Yes, it looks like a juvi Bateleur, nice image I like the version with the richer blue background best.

Karl, you really captured an interesting behavior of this youngster. I like the second image as well with the richer blue sky.