Juvenile Flyer

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I’ve been watching our local bald eagle nest’s one and only juvenile waiting for it to fledge. Well, it finally did and I went out on a boat on the lake early this morning and spotted it perched in a tree. I had to wait a while for it to finally take off. I was happy to get to see its fine feather patterns.

Specific Feedback

Cropping? Is the BG not too distracting? Should I dodge the white feathers more?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 200-500 lens, hand held, 1/3200th, f 8.0, 615mm, ISO 3600, DeNoise AI, cropped to 1440 x 957

Nice angle on the eagle, Dave. The background doesn’t bother me. I think you might try going with a slightly tighter crop on this one. when I clicked on the “larger image” I liked the way it ended up being framed on my monitor. I do notice some lighter areas in front of the leading edge of the wing where your lightening of the eagle bled over into the background. Nothing very serious and it almost requires pixel peeping to see it.

Hi Dave
Nice to see a juvenile flying, For the size of this crop, you have a reasonable looking Eagle. Next time you may want to lower the shutter speed and that will help out the ISO. You also might like to look a rebalancing the under wind. (blue cast).
Very good effort.
Peter

Hi Dave, nice flight pose and it’s interesting to see the twigs in the eagle’s talons. I see what Dennis is saying about a light edge on the wing but as he says it is minor. I like the crop as is. Nice capture.