Lazy Juvenile

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I continue to strike out in an effort to get some “action” shots of our soon to be gone local juvenile Bald Eagle. This is not the first time I’ve found it but I’ve never been able to snag any taking off/flying/landing shots to admire its great wing and tail feathers. I sat in a boat for almost an hour waiting for it to take flight which it never did. Sigh… It’s a fine looking bird, even perched I have to say. D500, Nikon 200-500 Lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, 1/3200th (in anticipation of it flying), 600mm, f 8.0, 600mm, ISO 2200, hand held, AI Clear.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A juvenile Bald Eagle in a large evergreen tree is always a challenge because of shadows and their camouflaged colors but this shot worked out pretty well. You have good definition in its feathers and its head is just the right place so it only has sky behind it. As always in this type of scene it’s very busy but I like how the bird is framed by the branches. Too bad you didn’t get your in-flight shot but i know how that is. They’ll sit on a perch for most of a day sometimes!