Bald Shadow

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

In my continuing effort to get some shots of our local juvenile Bald Eagle I was down at our local lake again yesterday and I got this shot of one of the parents flying down from up on the open hillside to where the juvenile was busy eating the fish this one had caught and dropped off for it a little earlier. The Bald Eagle shots I usually get are in a tree or blue sky background. I liked the novelty of the nearby hillside background and its shadow. A treat for me. D500, Nikon 200-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, hand held from a boat, 1/5000th, f 8.0, 700mm, ISO 1600, AI Clear, cropped to 4143 x 3320. Got skunked on any shots of the juvenile. It was on the ground behind some bushes, dang it.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi Dave
Well your right it is not the usual Eagle shot, but I like the air-breaks, talents open and dad’s look of junior what are you up to. I am with you, anytime you can photograph Bald Eagles it is worth posting the shot.
Peter

This is really cool, Dave. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this kind of shot-at least with such a bold shadow. Excellent job on the exposure of the Eagle.

Pretty cool shot. I like the rocky BG and the eagle’s pose. But it looks like the sun was a little high in the sky, and the BG is a little busy.