Our Bald

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

We are fortunate to have a pair of adult, nesting Bald Eagles at our little local lake. I caught this one cruising by from a boat. I never get tired of seeing, and shooting them. D500, Nikon 2-500 lens, hand held, 1/2500th, f/5.6, ISO 2800, 500mm, cropped to 2560 x 1871, Topaz AI Clear, Topaz Sharpen AI

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Beautiful shot, Dave. I love the lighting on his face, and that determined look that he seems to have as he is heading to wherever it is he is going. I love to see eagles, and you really are fortunate to have them at your local lake.

Beautiful downstroke, Dave. You’ve got a very nice BG here, I really like the foliage there. The light is working against you here with the harsh shadows on the face. Having said that, I think there is a slight cyan cast in the image here. That should be pretty easy to fix.

Nice wing position and generally good exposure. Well composed. I also see the cyan cast. This can be easily corrected by dropping the blue saturation in the HSL window. Another thing that would also improve this image would be the use of an add-on Such As Topaz AI Clear.

Very nice, Dave. I like the angle of the light on this image and the way it catches the eye. I do think you could bump the contrast in the dark parts of the plumage up just a tiny bit. A fine image.