Juvenile Wood Duck

At a nearby park, this juvenile presented itself against an uncluttered background.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any and all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques: 1/640, ISO 500 and f/5.6 with a 500mm PF lens hand held. Cropped to about 70% of the original.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Hi Richard! Very nice of the youngster to pose in front of such a clean background. You captured good detail and color and I like your comp. I would be tempted to clone out the feather/leaf (?) next to the log as it is a bit distracting to me, but that is a very minor nit.

Hi Richard, nice details and color on the bird. I also like the composition with the habitat we can see. I can go either way with taking out the feather - it does draw my eye some. Nice image.

Hi Richard
Is this a Wood Duck? Vary nice low angle, color and detail. I like the feather.
Peter

Enjoyable composition and nice green algae in the water. I think it could use a bit of CW rotation. I like the head feathers.

A very cool image, Richard. That’s one ugly duck! I’d definitely leave the feather, since this bird is obviously in mid molt. That makes the feather part of the story.