Juvenile Wood Duck

This solitary juvenile Wood Duck was hanging out at our local neighborhood pond. This image was mostly an afterthought; I went to the area where it was located just before I left for the day. The lighting was fairly reasonable at this location due to some shade whereas at the other locations it had already turned quite harsh. I like the water in this image.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
ISO 1250, 400+1.4 X, F5 .6, 2000th, around 50% of full frame

2 Likes

Sweet capture, Allen. Wonderful diagonal flow of the ripples. Also like how the reflection of the duck has an abstract feel to it. Nicely done.

Very nice with lovely detail! A typical scrawny awkward teenager. I like the water, too – the tan-brown-gold bits pick up the colors of the duck nicely.

Hi David,
Getting the ripples behind the dog emphasizes the swimming action of the baby duck. I do like the water color and reflection. Baby ducks are pretty cute and this one is no exception. Well detailed with a perfect catch light…Jim

A rather scruffy looking specimen, David, . It sure doesn’t show much sign of the glorious looks of either sex of the adults, but its a very good image of this stage of development.

I like the water as well and the brown foliage works well with the duck. I could see a bit more room in front for the duck to swim into; I like the trailing wake.

What a cute duck, David! And it’s such a beautiful setting. You captured it well!