Kaleidoscope

This reminded me of an old toy I received one Christmas a long, long time ago. It is a crop of the original shot; I was struck by the apparent symmetry which nature always seems to provide. I now wish I had taken it at a more perfect 90 degree angle to the subject, to improve the overall sharpness. Sony a6000, Sony E mount 18-200mm at 71mm, ISO 100, f/8, 1/250; brightened in post-processing. All comments and suggestions are welcome and thanks for viewing.

1 Like

Jim this is a great abstract look at this flower with a fine emphasis on the symmetry. The bits of liquid near the center are a special addition. Thanks for posting to the WC, but this week’s challenge is Busy. To be eligible for the editor’s pick you need to post to the week’s topic between midnight Sunday and 11:59 PM the next Saturday.

Good choice for a busy composition. The center of the image, it’s focal point, is less focused than the perimetry which draws you away from it and that makes it busy.

I like this subject, Jim. I’ve played with flower centers like this quite a bit off and on, and getting that angle right is difficult-at the subject distance there’s not much depth of field. The lighting and those water drops really appeal to me as does the symmetry you mentioned.