Kestrel portrait

I posted a very similar image about two weeks ago that included the bottom of this photo which encompassed a wildlife refuge sign. This is another crop which eliminates the sign. I like the background in this one.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Any pertinent technical details:

Iso-500, 100-400+1 x 4 extender at 560 mm, F8, 480th, handheld, full frame, Fuji X T-3, Adobe camera raw 11, Topaz AI Clear, Topaz Adjust, TK sharpening action at 10%

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

David, these guys are a favorite of mine. They’re beautiful birds. Your portraiture is a noble take of this particular Kestrel…:+1:
Only change I might see is a bit more contrast. But that is a subjective call and not a nit…:thinking:

Nice David, soft light and processed just right. Easy to overdue these (I do it),

Light, background, and subject are to die for. I like the choice of composition, though, I’d experiment with cropping a touch more until just above those thin, black feathers. I’m not sure how big this crop is already. The IQ does seem to suffer a bit when I click on the image, so you might not have room to crop anymore.

Love it! Nice light, color and pose. Very complimentary background. I can never decide what to do with birds perched on signs. I like this solution.