King Tides at Cape Disappointment

This location gets a lot of love when the king tides are happening during the fall and winter months on the PNW coast. It was just me and a few dozen other photographers seeking to capture the big waves that day. Usually the skies are just pure gray, but we got lucky with a bit of sunshine during the middle of the day, in between driving rain, hail, and wind.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback welcomed

Technical Details

Nikon D850, Nikkor 70-200mm @ 125mm, 1/1250, f/8, ISO 400. Processed in LrC and PS.

3 Likes

Wonderful shot. When I saw this week’s challenge, I was hoping to see a photo from this location. I really like the action of the water with the shutter speed you chose and the blue sunny sky is a surprising additional element

1 Like

I agree it is an amazing photo. The comp is perfect.

1 Like

WOW! That is one powerful wave!! I love the two complementary curves of the water.

2 Likes

Great shot. I like the line of foam leading in from the right and then rising to the top of the wave.

1 Like

Beautiful and powerful, this image really showcases the power of the ocean! You caught the wave at just the right time and I love the shape of it.

1 Like

You captured the power of the water beautifully. I like how the arcs in the water are complimented by the shapes in the cliff.

1 Like

Love that wave Patrick! I’ve only chased big waves in Oregon; I’ll have to visit this spot.

1 Like

Very nice. The power and shape of the wave is really great. Nice exposure with whites where they should be

1 Like

Well done! You got the magic “swirl” just perfectly. Nice photo!

1 Like