Lady Magnolia

This ladybird popped in as I was photographing honeybees on the magnolias. She was far more cooperative.

Specific Feedback Requested

It’s cropped by about 10%. I rotated the image through 180 degrees and preferred that viewpoint. What do you think?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
D500 +105 f2.8 micro, 1/2000, f14, ISO 400 with fill flash. Small tonal adjustments in ACR and PS.

2 Likes

Really great capture, Mike! I personally think I would like it better with the LB on the right because it looks like she’s climbing up onto the flower stamen and it looks like the stamen is bending down slightly under her minute weight! That’s just my opinion! If you’re rotating it anyway! :slight_smile:

Mike, how wonderful to have a Ladybug land perfectly on the flower you are capturing! I have yet to have one that cooperative. The colors of the flower stamen compliment her nicely, while the pedals seem to frame her and the stamen. I am good with the position you posted her in. Very nice image of one of my favorite bugs.

1 Like

Mike, the color coordination throughout this view is excellent, especially the hints of orange in the oof petals behind the bug. Your framing works well also.

I think this is about an 11 out of 10! I love the DOF, the colors, the composition, and of course the moment!