Ladybug

It was a bit breezy and the bug was on the move. There were lots of aphids around but she could not decide which bunch to dine on. She seemed to be looking things over.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Too much space on right side?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
R5, 100mm macro, f/4, 1/800, ISO 800 Using one leg of tripod.

1 Like

I like the empty space on the right. In addition to crawling constantly, these guys fly often, too. Sometimes just to cross a space between leaves or whatever. Whenever I see one I’m always reminded that in A Bug’s Live (Pixar movie) the ladybug was played by Denis Leary. Perfection!

I think you could add some contrast here and be ok. Maybe darken the greens on the left, too.

1 Like

Good head-on look at this ladybug, David. Nice and sharp with good detail and the bg is not objectionable to me. All-in-all, nicely done.

1 Like

David, this is a fine look at a Ladybug. I like how you caught her at the end of the stem/leaf. Nice details in her, and everything else out of focus. Nice. They are quick little bugs.

1 Like

Hi David, nice critical focus where it should be. I like the composition with the bug on top of the stem in space. well done.

1 Like

David, this is a fine look at the Lady on the tip of the stem. The negative space on the right works well, as does the overall greenness.

1 Like