Lady's Mantle & RP

In my garden…

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 500, 100-400 at 400, f8, 1000th, handheld, A7R4, full frame, cloudy

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

David, this is a fine image, in my opinion. So much to enjoy. The varying shades of green, shapes, lines, and then those few water drops beaded up on the leaves. I do fine that little brown piece on the left side pulling my eye somewhat. Maybe you can clone that out, but still not a deal breaker. I also think that maybe a vignette would help this image, especially where short pieces of leaves are coming into the image at the bottom. Just a thought. I really do like this shot.

Thanks Shirley… It does already have a moderate vignette but I could also use the Nik filter for bright center, darker border.

1 Like

Repost

David, I like the repost. I think the additional vignette helps a lot, and the brown spot removed, my eyes just feast on the subject. Well done.

I also prefer the eye catching repost. It really gets the attention on the center of the “action” in this photo. A tough subject for me that is well done.

David, the repost does a fine job of emphasizing the central leaves and the water drops. I’m also enjoying all of the leaf edges winding their way around the frame.