Lantana #4

This is a photo of a very immature lantana bud. At this point, only 3 of its florets have opened. I liked how the colorful florets are contrasted against the oof greenery and the bud appears to be floating in space.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: 1/100, f/4.5 and ISO 320

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Richard: I like the colors, comp and BG. There is an overall softness that was either the result of slightly missed focus and/or insufficient DOF. I don’t see much evidence of motion blur. A capture that might lend itself to some creative filtering. >=))>

Richard, the colors and shapes are very striking. Yes, more dof, so that both the red buds and the 3 yellow flowers are sharp would be an improvement.

A very interesting take on a flower that I’ve found difficult to photograph. It is definitely floating! I love seeing all the detail. With the desire to keep the BG blurred, maybe one for a focus stack.

Lantanas are so much fun to photograph, and so challenging. Yes, a bit soft, but I love the triangular composition.