Lantana #5

The lantana have been prolific this year. I liked the very strong and saturated colors of the flowers as well as the placement of the flower bud against the mature flower. This is an uncropped in camera 15 image stack.

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: 1/40, f/8 and ISO 320 on a tripod

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I love the inclusion of the BG flower. The stacking worked so well,and the colors are gorgeous! I think an interesting alternative crop could be to take a little off the top and/or add a squeak on the bottom. The yellow flower feels a little weighted down by the bigger one on top of it…

Richard: I’ve enjoyed your work with your lantana and think this and #3 are my favorites of the series with this one probably taking the top spot. Nice work on the stack and I like the comp and colors especially. Nicely done. >=))>

The colors are brilliant and attracted me to view the image. I find the large background flower to be a little over powering because of its size in relation to the foreground bloom. I’ve enjoyed your series of lantana images.

The colors are brilliant and attracted me to view the image. I find the large background flower to be a little over powering because of its size in relation to the foreground bloom. I’ve enjoyed your series of lantana images.

Vibrant colors and nice stack work. Agree with others that the large background flowers are a little overpowering. Cropping them may bring more attention to the flower in the foreground. Lovely image any way.