Late Bloomers

Ending my long sabbatical from posting with this image. About the only thing blooming in our garden for the past couple of months has been our hibiscus plants. With the cooler weather it does take longer for the buds to open but they also stay open for two or three days instead of the usual one day for the summer blooms. I liked the positioning of these two this morning at different phases of opening. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A7RIII
Sony FE 24-105 F4 G @ 96mm
ISO 400, 1/25 @ f16

Beautiful lighting and detail, Bill. Your hibiscus are such lovely colors, mine are only the typical orange color, but as yours are, ours are still blooming much to my delight. I do like the composition you’ve chosen with the attention on the main flower in the LRC and the OOF blooms in blurred in the background. Nicely seen and captured.

Unusual color and delicate petals in this hibiscus. Glad to see you posting again. Excellent image.

Just gorgeous! Wow! I’d suggest going into Photoshop and seeing if you can change out the background. When you shoot, be as mindful about backgrounds as the subject. The flower in the back is tiled down and the pistil and stamen are almost merging with your beautiful main subject. Also tilted in a contradictory direction. If you use Photoshop to take it up a few notches, this has potential to be a magnificent image.

The flower in focus is stunning, but the composition feels tight – do you have more room, or a different composition? I think the OOF flower is a nice addition but the stamen is awkward. The main flower looks sharp enough that it could be selected and the BG burned down – or maybe you have already done that as the greens are very nicely subdued.

That is a gorgeous flower. The yellow purple contrast makes it visually strong. It almost feels like the OOF one in the back is supposed to be part of a larger story, though I’m now quite getting the message. Maybe it’s the yin-yang of hibiscus.