Ascendant Helleborus

We planted these helleborus last year in a corner of the garden and pretty much forgot about them after they bloomed in the spring. While snooping around the other day I was delighted to see that they not only survived the cold winter temps we endured in February but are thriving. I especially liked this bunch with the flowers and buds in various stages. All comments welcome. >=))>

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony A77II
Sony 70-400 G-II @ 150mm
ISO 400, 1/40 @ f8

What an interesting flower…does it go from pink to green as it ages? I can’t quite tell. They look lit from within. Really nice light. A close up of one blossom wouldn’t go amiss.

Very nice composition, Bill. Well done!

I love Helleborus, as it really fills shady places well. Half a dozen stages of development in one shot makes this very interesting, Bill, especially the colour range. Excellent shot.

Bill, the variety subtle colors here look great. I also like the subtle hints of light scattered throughout.

Beautiful!! A wonderful arrangement of the set of blossoms! Details, tonalities and colors are perfect!

My eye is pulled to the OOF BG at the top edge – I wonder about some lowered saturation there and maybe a very slight crop from the top…

I missed this one, Bill. Love the lighting. Very nice.

A lovely composition, Bill. You have masterfully drawn my eye to the splendid light and colour of this arrangement. Great depth.