Layers of fall

My husband and I had a wonderful trip last fall to the Adirondacks and found this scene, which was dazzling. It’s hard to do it justice with a photo. I like the layers of green grass, Canada geese, red and orange, then yellow hillside.

1 Like

Wow, what color and light, and “layers” is the right term. My eye is drawn to the bright upper third of the photo, to the detriment of the lower 2/3. I’d be tempted to crop the bright band on top approximately in half, whether to produce a “pano,” or with a proportional crop from the left to maintain proportions. Experimenting along those lines with a screen crop further emphasizes the layers while doing great justice to the lower 2/3. You have lots of very good stuff to work with, and I think it merits experimentation.

The layers of color look great, Kathy. You’ve got a nearly complete spectum. The geese are a lively addition to what would otherwise be an inviting, but very static scene.

A lovely image with some gorgeous fall colors and lots of layers, Kathy. I think Hank is on the right track with more of a pano crop. Gorgeous either way.