Layers

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

On my recent trip to Costa Rica, dining/observation deck at Laguna del Lagarto was level with the upper layer of a bunch of palm trees. The patterns of overlapping fronds attracted my attention and this is one of the results.

Specific Feedback

I’m not sure about the background in the upper right, but I didn’t want to crop it there because I wanted to maintain the entire sequence of the front layer of leaflets descending through the frame.

Technical Details

Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, f/9, 1/400, iso 8000. Pre-processing in DxO PureRaw 4, further processing in LR.

1 Like

Nicely done, Dennis. Since palms are common where I live, I’ve also been attracted to such patterns.

I don’t think the background in the upper right is a major concern. I might try darkening it some but that might or might not work.

Dennis: Frame filling fantastic IMO. Love the lines and patterns. Really well seen, composed and captured. :+1: :+1:>=))>

Since the luminosity value in the corners behind the fronds are similar I think this works as a balanced composition. Such vivid greens and crisp shapes.