Leading Lines, Vanishing Points, Bricks & Mortar

I thought the perspective at super wide focal length allowed many different lead-ins. Sadly Fort Pike is in deplorable condition, likely dangerous, and so it hasn’t been open for several years. This is from December 2013.

E-5 Zuiko 7-14 @7, ISO 100 5.0 sec f/9 -1/3EV

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This has a lot to love - great color, texture, light, and those leading lines. I love the way the crack in the ceiling mimics the line in the floor.

Great perspective, Bill, and wonderful details. That wide angle really is amazing for a scene like this. That crack in the ceiling shows the great need for up keep and care.

Wonderful interior. However, I find the fg leading lines less interesting than those winding through the arches and the vanishing arches themselves. I would crop like so:

Bill, I remember this (or maybe an alternate) outstanding view along this corridor. The cannon trackways (I think??) make a fine leading line and the doorways seem to go on forever. Yes, it is sad that we’re not willing to maintain a dramatic and historical place like this

These leading lines work great. I can see where Igor is going with it, but I prefer the original for its sense of depth and tunnel feel. I might burn down the window frame on the right? Good image.