Weekly challenge 865 leading lines

Shore line and Milky Way leading towards Cathedral Rock.

1 Like

Nathan, this is a fascinating alternative to an earlier Milky Way post of yours. The Milky Way and the misty water make a great leading lines. The brightness of Cathedral Rock fits very will with the sky. The angulur shoreline silhouette adds some intrigue. Some additional shooting info would be good to help others figure out how you pulled this off. Iā€™m guessing that the near shore was in shadow with moonlight (less than a half moon) on the far shore.

Thanks Mark. I forgot the technical info.

This was shot during the new moon back in April - which coincides with the Milky Way core rising about the east coast of Australia.

I shot at 16mm f2.8 15s and stacked 10 images in starry night stacker to remove noise.

The resulting raw came out pretty flat and most of the scene was as luminous as cathedral rock in the final. Most of the post processing was adding contrast to bring out the sky and using curves layers to remove a yellow cast in the lower sky from the light pollution.

I burnt down most of the foreground and added light dodging to the water to enhance contrast along the shore. Looking for a leading line. :blush: