Least Bittern

One of my target species on my recent trip to Florida. 7D2, Sigma 150-600mmC@546mm, F10, 1/160, ISO 800, -0.33EC, handheld. Thanks for any comments or suggestions, Dave

Really nice habitat shot of this little guy in a classic pose. It appears a bit overexposes as the whites are nearly blown. You might see if it is possible to bring them down a bit.

I like the framing in the green plants. Excellent pose. Looks like breeding plumage. I son’t think the whites are blown but there is a lack of detail; perhaps localized contrast enhancement would help.

Superb, Dave. I found these a couple of years ago in Texas and was hoping for this classical pose. Not luck there, though I did get some shots I liked. This one is wonderful. Great head turn and a nice clear view, plus the breeding plumage adds a lot.

Finding these guys is not easy and you have got a very nice clear shot of him. The details look good to me and yeah I don’t think it’s blown out. This is a situation where I would try using Nik Color Efex Pro Detail Extractor at partial opacity to bring out some of those details.