Leaving Government Cut

Re-Post

Original

Golden hour on guide boat coming out of the dark swamp into backlight lake. Great place and time. You have to love Cypress trees and Spanish Moss.

Specific Feedback Requested

All and Any

Technical Details

Lumix S5

1 Like

I like the colors and the light. Interesting composition as it makes me wonder what is around the bend. I wonder what a little less vignette on the left would look like

2 Likes

@Richard_Duckworth
I opened up the left side. I just printed the original and on my calibrated screen and print the left side does not look as dark. Users have committed on my vignettes on several images. Any ideas?
Thanks
Steve

1 Like

I suppose it’s really a matter of taste. I like the second version a little better. But that is just me. Sometimes I agonize for days about my vignettes.

I like this one a bit more. Great image here. Lovely scene!

1 Like

Thanks Guys
On the site I agree different on local screen

@Matt_Payne
Having just signed on to your podcast - Which is great by the way really enjoy it.
Do you have any cast about swamp photographers?
Thanks again

@David_Thompson does a ton of Cypress Swamp work and he’s been on the show a few times.

1 Like

I actually prefer the one without the vignette. It’s such a pretty scene, and it leads your eye nicely, so I don’t think it needs any help. That said, I think it’s personal taste on something like this.
This is gorgeous. The colors are incredible (of course, all I have outside right now is white snow!!!).
You definitely get the feeling of being there. Nicely done!