More from TX

One more from a magical location

Specific Feedback Requested

all

Technical Details

lumix S5

5 Likes

Hey Steve! Really cool shot! We actually must have just missed each other down there. Would have been fun to meet up. Your composition is really good here. The flow goes nicely from left to right. I also like what you’ve done having the tree brighter than the rest of the photo. It looks like some of the vignetting is getting into the top of the tree. I might try to correct that some so that the entire tree is the same lightness throughout the frame.

1 Like

Wonderful photo, Steve. Did you say in your last post these Cypress are in Texas? If so, about where? Here in the Texas hill country we do have Bald Cypress but not this magnificent. Nicely done.

I would cool the image down, desaturate it somewhat, and clone out the bright light coming in at the lower left. I took the liberty of downloading it to demonstrate.

Steve, this is a very beautiful image with fantastic colour and wonderful soft textures. I like how the trees are off center just a little bit and the that branches the right really balance the scene. One thing I would do though would be to clone out that lighter spot in the very top left corner and the lighter spot half way down (also on the left) as my eye gets pulled there unintentionally.

1 Like

Hi Steve,
Places like this are always mysterious and intriguing at the same time (for me).
I’ve seen many of these scenes in the Louisiana Bayous and the trunks of the trees along with the Spanish moss always add to the appeal.
Among the many scenes I’ve seen in person, I have seen a few where the sunlight is highlighting small areas like this, I photographed a lot of them but it’s been a few years and the images are in an archived hard drive.

I am drawn to the tree first, then to the leaves and Spanish moss, then to the foliage in the water and I wonder what is lurking just under the surface like an alligator or a crocodile.
After viewing the above elements, I like allowing my attention to be drawn to the small lit up area at the left center of the frame and I wonder what other mysteries are in that direction, in other words, I don’t view it as a distraction, I view it as a feature, although, if it were much brighter it might be a distraction in my opinion.
Lots of neat elements to explore in this scene and I like them all except for the one small brightly lit spot near the UL corner at the very top, that doesn’t add to the scene in my opinion.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that everyone has their own interpretation of an image like this, none are wrong and non are right, and the only one that matters is yours (the photographer :slight_smile: )

Nicely done, it makes me want to do a return trip just to see it in person again!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful Cypress image, Steve. Very moody and mysterious. You have wonderful light hitting the cypress and the Fall colors are just hitting their peak. The Spanish moss hanging down from the branches adds a lot to the scene and so the branch reaching towards the right edge of the frame. I agree with Igor that the bright spots in the left portion of the image detract for me as they immediately pull the eye. I would also clone out that small bright spot along the top left portion of the frame and also the tree trunk in the very ULC or burn it down a little bit. The saturation doesn’t bother me at all. Nice image, Steve.

Thanks, everyone
Reedit with your observations.
Steve

2 Likes

Nice image! Looks good to me. Only one small nit pick for me is the upper left spot that has a highlight on the edge.

Edit- nice work on the edit!

Steve, you’re re-edit looks fantastic!

Thanks, Tom
Matt, did I get Upper Left on re-edit two?