Leopard Frog

While sitting beside the runoff control pond next door (in mid March) hoping to catch some wood frog or snapping turtle mating action, this Leopard frog crawled out right at my feet. Although there were Leopard frogs calling only a few feet away, this one stayed silent and unmoving. This let me take a 9 shot stack to get all of the frog sharp that shows nicely how well this frog blends into the mud and sticks at the pond edge. (7D2, 100-400 @ 360 mm, 1/80 s, f/16, iso 800, tripod) BTW, I was a week or two to late for the Wood frogs.

1 Like

Amazing Mark. How’d you get him to pose? And on a background to perfectly matched to its coloring. The detail is fantastic and I love the look in its eyes, like he’s sizing you up for lunch. Great shot.

Great camouflage photo. I love the way we can see the surface tension in the water and they way his feet sink into the mud.

Excellent, Mark. Amazing to be able to get a stack of a frog. I feel lucky if they hold still long enough for one shot. Beautiful work and it certainly shows off the patterns and the surroundings it blends with.