Light Show

This image was captured in Shenandoah NP during the fall a few years back. The morning did not look very promising due to the heavy cloud cover, but there were a few breaks here and there so I decided to try my luck. I have to say that I am so glad that I did as this is the only time I have witnessed crepuscular rays shooting upward and downward in the same location.

As always thanks for taking a moment to leave a thought.

Specific Feedback Requested

All C&C welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D200, Nikon 28-70 @ 51mm, f 11 @ 1/40 sec, ISO 100, cable release & tripod

1 Like

A heck of a fine light show. No nits here.

Ed, the crepuscular rays are outstanding. The touches of color along the horizon and on the mountainside add some fine warmth to the view. This would make a fine inspirational print.

The rays are pretty fantastic. I saw them once in the southern Andes, but not going up at the same time. That’s sweet.

Lucky you, Ed, to have arrived at this precise moment. “Crepuscular” . . I didn’t know that is what type of atmospheric condition is called, thanks for sharing that… . . Love the gradation of colors, which for me, reflect the fall atmosphere. Nicely done.

These are super crepuscular rays, Ed. It looks like the classic invasion from Mars scene.

Thanks so much everyone @Harley_Goldman , @Mark_Seaver , @Kris_Smith , @linda_mellor , and @Dennis_Plank . Glad you folks enjoyed the image. It was a special moment for me as this is the only time I have personally witnessed this.

1 Like