Lighthouse

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Any pertinent technical details: Canon 400D, 18-55 @ 18, 1/1000 @ f8, ISO 400

An early nineteenth century disused lighthouse at New Brighton. This view is looking out to sea from the Mersey estuary, the coastline to the R leading into the port of Liverpool.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Ian, this came out nice with the composition overall. The jetty or water break balances a bit with the lighthouse. I think having the complete jetty edge to edge in the FG makes for an excellent viewing point on both subjects. I really like how the jetty works it’s way quite a distance in the BG as well as the slight LH curve to it also. That provides a point of interest wondering what might be out there beyond our visual perspective here…:+1:

Only thought for change would be to bring the exposure point down slightly as a result of all of the white & extreme light. Leans a bit toward almost a tough snow intensity look here…:thinking:

I’m especially fond of old lighthouses, and this is a beauty. Perfect comp, imo.
I agree with Paul the whites are just a bit bright in comparison to the dark greens, but a very lovely image.
Sandy

Very cool, Ian. I love the curve and color of the moss covered breakwater and the neat vertical of the lighthouse. The nice mostly cloudy sky makes a fine background for the image.

I absolutely love it - enough said!