Little Egret fishing

Canon wanted me to shoot some wildlife with new RF 100-500 mm lens, so I went to Keoladeo National Park to shoot some birds. Here’s the result.
And it felt like, I used to shoot wildlife as a beginner about 30 years ago, with one camera body and a small lens.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R 5; RF 100-500 mm lens; ISO 200; 1/1600 sec. at F 7.1

jagdeeprajputphotographie
2 Likes

Great capture, J. Perfect pose just before strike. Nice to see that the new Canon gear can do wildlife.

1 Like

Hi,

I think you did very well with the subject and composition. Action is excellent. Awesome…Jim

1 Like

The feet and the wing position are killer. As is the bird. We don’t often think of them as deadly predators, at least I don’t, but they are so good at what they do. Elegant, to be sure, but also fierce in their way. Fabulous shot that Canon should be super happy with.

1 Like

Hi J Rajput
Great freeze frame, color and detail. Just wish the shutter rate was a little higher to provide some detail in the right wing.
Peter

1 Like

Wonderful action, Jagdeep. The smaller zoom telephotos sure do make it easier for me to hit my target. Excellent work.

1 Like

Thanks friends!
@peter Actually I started this shoot with 1/1600 sec. moving to 1/2000sec.; 1/2500 sec.; finishing at 1/3200 sec.