Little ones

Hey eveyone,

After more than 2 mounths of lockdown things are going back to normal (the possible normal), and today was the day to go back in to the nature (finally). And to give a new lens the first proper use, from some time now i was thinking about getting a telephoto lens so i got myself a Tamrom 100-400 (so far amazing lens for the price).

This image was shot on the side of a small waterfall, i was having a snack break and those little flowers caught my eye.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any as always.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any and how are the colours and colour balance to you? (to blueish maybe)

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
Details: 0.5s, F/14, ISO50 at 400mm (cropped)
Removed some holes on the leafs, doged and brunt to add more presence to those green leafs and added vignette.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

Congrats on getting back out and using the new lens! I like this one. I would be inclined to clone out the bits of flowers around the edges and burn the brighter leaves there as well. No other suggestions come to mind. A nice dose of spring and optimism here.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Harley_Goldman. I really forgot those edges. Got to “trim” those flowers.
Cheers

Here’s a rework with the edges cleaned:

Cheers

Wonderful luminosity Joao. I like your repost with the clean edges.

1 Like

The variety of “greens” really make this image sings. I am surprised to find myself liking the moss in the image… almost like a break in the pattern.

1 Like

I agree about the moss, with it’s different color and texture it adds lot of visual interest. It turns this into more of a mosaic of colors and texture, rather than being about the pattern of the leaves and flowers.

Joao, the rework tightens this up nicely, sometimes the small changes can have a big impact. Overall this is a very pleasing study of this intimate scene, very nicely done…

1 Like

Thank you so much @Eva_McDermott, @Adhika_Lie and @Ed_McGuirk.

I think the small details make the most diference. Sadly i stugle not to rush the PP, and this time i did rushed it, and those edges got neglected.

The rock was gorgeously covered in moss but the rest was a bit messy this area was the most balanced.

Again thank you all, stay safe,
Cheers

Good that more and more countries are opening up again as much as possible! I like the spring fresh greens here, and indeed the mosses add much to the image, They seem like a soft bed for the darker leaves and flowers to sit and rest on.

1 Like

Thank you @Ron_Jansen.

Yeah finally thing are normalising a bit. If is it possible to get back to normal ever again.

Cheers

A very nice scene, and I agree with others that the rework is an improvement.
To be out in nature is more or less a first need, enjoy it!