Look out below

Image:

Description:

With the camera on the 90-degree center column, I could get further out over the water for this look at my favorite cascade on the Prairie River. Hung my heavy backpack on it as a balance to keep it steady. Funny that I haven’t shared this one yet since I took it in May, but it fits for this week’s theme so here it is.

I liked the triple repeat of the trees and branches in and over the water. Somewhere out on the internet are shots of this same cascade with the big middle log stretched over the river like that big spruce is now. Someday they will shift and take their places further downstream.

I have a horizontal view as well, but it doesn’t include that lowest branch.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Just whether this works or not. Any processing or capture improvements. I can always go back.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Tripod and polarizer

Lr for raw work - a tiny exposure boost, tone curve, texture, clarity and a bit of lens correction, sharpening & nr. No color sliders were touched since the greens are already rich although I did boost some saturation slightly in the Calibration panel. Photoshop to do some sculpting in the water and a little distraction removal.