Looking for fish

This Common Tern was photographed on the Back River in Old Lyme, Ct, at 7:34 AM on May 20, 2021. It was just one of a group of Terns that were flying up and down the river that morning. I tried to bring out the eye but, no luck.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm, F8, 600mm, -.3EV, 1/4000, cropped by 20% into a 16 by 9, with DXO Photo Lab 4. I also reduced the highlights and increase the over all exposure.

1 Like

Hi Peter,

A very nice pose and I like the head turn. The shadows are strong, but that’s the available light. Some fill flash could have helped to a small degree. A little more space at the bottom could help with the intended movement. Well done…Jim

A beautiful pose, Peter. I especially like how you caught the tail feathers all spread out like that. Absent a glint of sunlight in them, which itself isn’t easy to capture, the black eyes of Terns are so hard to see, blending in as they do with the blackness of the feathers surrounding them. The sun and position of bird’s heads don’t always cooperate for us! This image is beautiful as is!

Very nice pose with the head turn and the tail feathers spread out. Yeah, Tern’s eyes are tough to get, but I don’t think it’s a problem here as the head turn tells the story that the Tern is looking at something. Nice capture.

Excellent, Peter. I love the pose and head turn. The lighting is fine for my taste. Yes, a catchlight would have been wonderful, but it works fine without.

Superb image with wonderful plumage detail. Yes the light on the I is almost impossible to bring out unless the sun shining on it