Looking for lunch Updated

Updated:

Today the 2x Extender rental came. I wanted to see just how much this would cost affect the quality of lens. I am not a big fan of pushing a lens even if it is a good one. But this did ok. These birds move very slowly and then just sit still waiting. Amazing hunter.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

Did not crop here, feedback welcome

Technical Details

R7 RF 100-500 w/ 2x 1000mm f/14 1/800 ISO 1600. Handheld but I think a monopod or tripod is really needed. Photo AI which also did a standard sharpen. Cleaned up some junk in the water and on shore. This was at Silverwood Lake Park in Tucson.

1 Like

Nice hunting pose. Overall, I think the composition works, though could see taking a bit off the bottom and some off the right to de-center the egret.

Thanks for the feedback, @Allen_Brooks . I took your suggestion and I think it helps. I also lower the exposure of the water just a tad to help bring out some of the reflection.

1 Like