Stabbing Lunch

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any/All

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any/All

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I caught this Great Egret ignoring me in the pursuit of food across the pond from me. D500, Nikon 2-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, gimbal head/monopod, 1/3200th, f/8.0, ISO 1000, 600mm, AI Clear

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Very nice pose, leg, and head position. I like the reflection. Seems like it needs a little more room and an adjustment on the brightness of the whites on the nonreflective bird.

Nice pose and water splash. Like the reflection. Agree with David about the bright whites on the body.

I’m not sure what’s going on with this image, Dave, but I’m not seeing any detail in the plumage and it looks very gray on my monitor. Did you just start using a TC? I can’t recall, but they often don’t play well with zooms, regardless of what the manufacturers say.

Dennis
I almost never remove my 1.4 TC (unless I’m too close to some recent turkey shots). I’ve been happily using it for a year or so. I find that it does not appreciably degrade my 2-500 lens images. I fear that I have uploaded a subpar image here just because I thought it was an interesting pose. I think that I am guilty of trying to “polish a turd”. I very much appreciate you guy’s (and gal’s) input.