Egret Reflecting

What technical feedback would you like if any? Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

I liked the dark background, and reflection of this beauty caught at a local pond. D500, Nikon 2-500 lens, Nikon 1.4 TC, 1/2000th, f/8.0, 400mm, ISO 3200, hand held, AI Clear

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Good job on the color and detail. And I find the composition interesting because of the inequality between the image of the bird in the image of the reflection (longer wings on the reflection along with positioning of the reflection). Clearly this is the result of your point of view. I might give it a little more room on the left side and the right side; perhaps a square format. Just a thought!

IQ is pretty good. Nice wing position on the bird. That green water color is very nice. I had the same crop idea as David. I’d like to see a non-vertical version where you crop away the reflection up to about half of the wing.

Neat wing reflection. Good detail in the egret and I like the water color. Not sure about a square comp but could see a tad more room on the right.

Hello Dave I looked this one over pretty good it’s a real attention-grabber blown up the bird is sharp. I think the whites look good I like the background I like the placement of the bird in frame centered is okay though a little more space in front of the bird would be ideal. All in all a really cool Egret photo.

An unusual angle for photographing an Egret, but I like it, Dave. The rippled water makes an interesting background.