Looks just like his mother

Back to the city Eagles. I was hoping this chick would be flying by now, but it seams to be keeping to the nest. This shot was taken on June 4, at 7:35 AM.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, f10, 700mm, 1/1600,-.3EV, ISO 1250 and the shot is cropped by 60%. I used local adjustments, to tone down the highlight in the branch and cloned out a pine cone the was behind the Eagle head. (DXO Photo Lab5)

3 Likes

Beautiful capture, Peter! So neat that you can watch the lives of these birds!

Boy, do I wish we had eagles. And in the city to boot. It seems the only eagles near Los Angeles are near the coast or out in the channel islands.
Looks like he’s wondering where his breakfast is. Hopefully, you can get him flying around soon Peter.

Hi Peter, nice environmental shot and I like the open beak of the bird showing the tongue. Must be great to have eagles so close by. I have to drive 2.5 hours to view them here.

Capturing an eagle - any eagle - is always a treat. Catching this youngster with his beak open and tongue showing is a plus. Well done.

Hi
This is one of the most popular Eagle nest in Ct. (This Eagle pair comes and goes, as if they were I84, BigY and Car dealer, were just part of the forest.) I am hoping when junior start to fly, mom and dad will spend more time around the nest.
Thank you all for the comments.
Peter

Very good, Peter. Excellent detail and a nice pose. It certainly looks fully fledged, so it ought to be out taking tumbles soon.

Very nice capture!! Good luck with some upcoming action!