Lost battle

During an evening to visit to an urban wetland park, I observed a dramatic scenery and then captured using my macro lens. By that time , I think the wasp already lost life to white spider as I could not see any movements from that . More interestingly I also observed other actors in the scene like flies and ants. In terms of quality, the capture may not be that perfect, but I was so happy that I witnessed a emotional drama among different players from wildlife.

Specific Feedback Requested

Wanted feedback from experts on my capture

Technical Details

Canon 70 D with 100 mm macro, aperture = f/8, shutter speed = 1/160, ISO = 640, focal length = 100 mm.

Wow what a fascinating scene! So many actors as you say. I knew flies got to death scenes fast, but this is crazy! Well seen although I wish the ant at the bottom wasn’t cut off there. Truly a window into another world.

Wow that’s amazing and seeing the action like that of what’s happening. Excellent sharpness on the photo and the details are amazing. Great capture

This is a very interesting scene in nature. The spider does the work and the other players just come in to share, and not much the spider can do about it. I always feel sorry for prey, no matter what it is. Nice details. I agree with Kris about he ant at the bottom being cut off. Still, just getting the action of such a moment in nature is what this is really about.

Amazing shot - it says a lot about the strength of both the spider and its safety line. You even caught the wasp’s sting!